NOTE: I do not offer any teaching assistant or grading assistant jobs; please do not contact me for such purposes!
Welcome to my homepage!
If you are a student seeking a supervisor, please read the "Students" section on the left menu.
Since July 2014, I have been an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics
at San Diego State University occupying
a position in applied harmonic analysis.
I am a former member of the Centre de Mathématiques et de Leurs
at the Ecole Normale Supérieure of Cachan (France).
From November 2010 to June 2014, I was an Assistant Adjunct Professor in the Computer and Applied Mathematics group
in the Department of Mathematics
Previously, I held a position as an image processing expert in the
Space, Observation, Intelligency and UAV systems Department at the
DGA, an institution of the French Ministry of Defense from 2001 to
I defended my Ph.D. in Mathematics in June 2006 (under the direction
of Prof. Yves Meyer (CMLA-ENS Cachan) and Dr. Bertrand Collin
(DGA/CEP)). In December 2012, I defended my "Habilitation
à Diriger les Recherches" in Mathematics (equivalent to the tenure in France).
I am also a "Professeur Agrégé" in Electronics and Computer Science, graduated from the Ecole Normale
Supérieure of Cachan (promotion 1998) in France.
My fields of interest are:
- Applied harmonic analysis
- Multiresolution analysis (wavelets and their geometrical
extensions like curvelets, contourlets...)
- Data driven methods (Empirical wavelets, Empirical Mode Decomposition...)
- Functional analysis, function spaces (BV, Sobolev, Besov...)
- Signal/Image processing
- Application of signal processing in neuroscience (analysis of Electroencephalogram signals involved in Epilepsy and
- Image modeling/analysis (texture analysis, image decomposition into structures
+ textures + noise) and restoration (denoising, deblurring, turbulence mitigation...)
- Target detection and identification, area monitoring (intrusion